Oct/Nov 2023 training 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily: Tues Oct 31 • Wed Nov 1 • Thur Nov 2 • Fri Nov 3
Basic Mediation Training entails a minimum of 30 instructional hours, generally taught over a four-day period. The training is a balance of theory and practice and focuses on a facilitative style of mediation in which the parties are generally kept in the same room and the use of a caucus as a tool within the process. Trainers use diverse teaching methods including classroom-style presentations, demonstration role-plays, videos, active learning exercises, and outside readings. The training addresses specific Nebraska statutes and Nebraska’s ethical standards for mediators. During training, there are several opportunities to role-play simulated mediation sessions. All role players are provided feedback from experienced mediators/coaches in a 4:1 ratio.
- Overview of conflict theory
- Dealing with emotions
- Mediator standards and ethics
- Models of intervention for conflict situations
- Communication skills and their effective use in mediation
- Cross-cultural implications and bias awareness
- Theory and application of interest-based mediation
- Theory of interest-based negotiation and relationship to mediation
- Theory of interest-based mediation and when it can be used effectively
- Simulation mediation role plays
Who Should Attend — While this training satisfies the statutory requirements of the Nebraska Dispute Resolution Act and provides the foundation for those wanting to become mediators, many have taken the training to better develop their communication and negotiation skills. Attendees learn ways to address conflict that can be applied in both their personal and professional lives. If you find yourself assisting others in resolving issues, this training is for you! Past attendees have included HR professionals, and those working in education, law enforcement, healthcare, insurance, government, and non-profit sectors, to name just a few.
Prerequisite — None (This training is the prerequisite for advanced and specialized mediation training.)
- Includes a guided note-taking workbook and mediator quick guide reference booklet.
- Is divided into two periods
- Early registration from Registration Opening - October 17, 2023
- Late registration from October 18, 2023 - October 27, 2023
- Late registration includes an additional fee of $50.
- Registrants are encouraged to register early!
Regularly $850 per participant. This fee includes lunch for each of the training days.
- $850 for individual, early registrants
- $900 for individual, late registrants
- You must be a member to attend our Mediation Training, so please "Join" prior to registering for training
- Membership is a separate $50 fee
This Training will take place in person at Concord Mediation Center:
Dates for the Oct/Nov 2023 training:
- Tues Oct 31 | 09:00 am - 05:30 pm CT
- Wed Nov 1 | 09:00 am - 05:30 pm CT
- Thur Nov 2 | 09:00 am - 05:30 pm CT
- Fri Nov 3 | 09:00 am - 05:30 pm CT
Please note, training events that do not meet the minimum registration requirement may have to be rescheduled.
Comfort Inn Omaha SW I-80
10729 J St Omaha NE
Next Expected Basic Mediaiton Training: January/February 2024 Virtual Format
Check Back Soon for Open Registration
|Neon CRM by Neon One|